Thursday, March 3, 2011

Quarentined....again!

All three kids now have fevers! Timmy started two days ago, then woke up breathing heavy yesterday morning. A trip to the doctor and he has an ear infection and bronchitis. They put him on an antibiotic and a nebulizer treatment. Poor little man...he doesn't seem a whole lot better today. He has a tight cough and still breathing faster than his norm. Still has a fever...the doctor said as long as his breathing isn't worse, to wait it out one more day and see if his body will fight it off. The girls love his nebulizer machine because it came with stickers to put on it and the face mask looks like a fish!

Olivia started with a fever last night and woke up with one again this morning. You know she's sick when: she curls up on the floor in the sunlight with a pillow and blanket and falls asleep without prompting; she turns down watching a movie; she only eats half her ice cream. Poor thing! At one point today, I put Timmy in his playpen and the girls were watching a movie. I was in the kitchen and Olivia called out to me that he was throwing his toys out of the playpen and I responded that it was ok. A few minutes later I hear a very sad, "I just can't pick these all up right now. I just don't feel good!" She's so used to being such a good helper that she thought she needed to pitch in even though she felt lousy! I made sure to let her know I did not expect her to clean up when she felt sick and she could just lay back down on the couch and I'd get the toys!

Naomi just started with a fever tonight, so we'll see what's in store for tomorrow! I think she felt a little left out since she was the only one not sick and not getting all the attention today. She wanted to be held a lot and pretended she was sick some of the time!

I just pray Pete and I can avoid the sickness...if only so we can take care of everyone! And I pray that spring will please come SOON!

No comments:

Post a Comment