Thursday, January 13, 2011

Blizzard of 2011!




We probably got about 15-18" during yesterday's storm! The girls were dying to go out in the snow, so I bundled them up and sent them out. They got out as far as the front walkway and couldn't go any farther since the snow was too deep! That lasted about 5 minutes and they were back inside happily sipping hot cocoa!

Later in the day, Pete went out to snowblow. Timmy had a fever and a cold and was very crabby. I was trying to get supper ready. I decided to put him in his highchair in front of the door so he could see Pete snowblow! He was captivated by it and replaced his cries with happy squeals until Pete went out of view...then the cries resumed!

An update on the sicknesses....Timmy had a fever all day yesterday into the night but woke up free of it this morning. Naomi started with a fever last night before bed...after Motrin and a good night sleep, hers seems to be gone now. Olivia has been fever free, but coughed all night long! So now Timmy, Olivia and I all have colds...Naomi and Pete seem to be holding out!

In funny news...Pete was taking the Christmas tree down the other day and letting the girls help him put the branches in the box. When they were finished, Pete thanked Olivia for her help. She replied "It was no problem at all Daddy!"

Tuesday I was in the midst of taking down all the Christmas decorations. The kids were begging me to let them help. The entire time I was biting my nails and asking them to please be careful...don't drop anything...don't let that break! About 5 minutes before the preschool teacher was due to arrive, I decided to put the glass snow globe in the box...you guessed it! It slipped out of MY hands and smashed against the counter. Unfortunately, this was not a small globe, but rather a large globe about the size of a cantaloupe. I didn't realize just how much water it held until I was mopping up all the water off the floor. The water was actually pooling on the tile! Of course, the teacher arrived as I was cleaning it all up, but she was fine about allowing me to finish cleaning! Lesson learned: put snow globes back in their respective boxes over the sink! At least I don't have to worry about it breaking in storage though!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lancaster Maneys! This is great, Chrissy! Can't wait to hear all the stories!! :) Hope TimTim is feeling better today! Hugs to all the munchkins!

    ReplyDelete