Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Whirlwind!

I thought I'd share this story to give those mothers who've "been there" a good laugh and those who are just starting their families a little glimpse into what life will be like! I was doing a big batch cook this morning with some ground beef I got on sale yesterday and making muffins to freeze at the same time. The girls were playing play dough in the kitchen. Timmy was taking a nap. All was going well....I had two batches of meatloaf muffins in the oven and thought "I'm going to be an involved mother and let the girls help me make the muffins"...it was a simple mix that just required milk to be added to it. I brought their little table into the kitchen so they could sit and help. I also decided to brown up some ground beef on the stove to store in the freezer. So...the girls were sitting there stirring the muffin mix...and it all unraveled. All at the same time, the stove started smoking big time (some grease in the muffin tins spilled over and started to burn), the whole house filled with smoke....the hamburg on the stove started really sizzling...Timmy woke up crying...and Naomi melted down big time because she couldn't lick a spoon! There was play dough all over the floor being squished into the crevices...I'm not sure what I tackled first, but in the end, Timmy ended up in his high chair eating, Naomi ended up screaming in her bed with the door shut, the slider was opened allowing the 30 deg air in and the smoke out, the fan was turned on, and Olivia was asked to pick up play dough!

....And now I sit here typing to calmness with a clean kitchen and a freezer stocked full! (And a very stubborn muffin tin soaking the hamburg out!) All in a days work!

No comments:

Post a Comment