Friday, February 10, 2012

Out of the Mouths of Babes...

A few funnies to start your weekend with....

:: Last night Naomi wanted to know "what side is my throat on Mommy?"  I wasn't sure how to even begin to answer that one!

::When putting Timmy down to bed, I handed him is cup of water as usual.  He took it, then handed it back to me and held his hand up and said "Leave"...apparently his cup had to leave the room!

:: Tonight after putting Olivia down to sleep, she yelled out to me "Mommy....I wanted to ask you that....(pause as she thought of something to say....) I'm sleeping now and I'm going to be quiet!"

:: Naomi was laying on the couch today and Olivia sat on top of her.  When I reprimanded Olivia, she said "I didn't mean to do that!"  Ummmm....exactly how do you not mean to go place yourself on top of someone else?!

:: Last night when I put Naomi to bed, I tucked her in and gave her blanket to her as usual.  She said "Mommy, I don't want my blankie...that's for babies.  But I love my blankie and I want to sleep with it."

:: Naomi said to me this morning, "I miss Olivia's godmother" (who happens to be her Aunt Jess!)

:: After eating dinner last week, Pete said to me, "That's a keepa'"...a few minutes later, Timmy started repeatedly saying, "keepa', keepa', keepa.'"

I'm sure there were many more, but my tired brain refuses to come up with any...oh, and remember how I said I was going to try to rest today...well, that didn't happen all that much.  I was in the living room when I heard a glass smash to the ground and Timmy start wailing!  I ran out there to find the glass mug that we keep all our pens and pencils in smashed to the ground, Timmy standing in it in bare feet crying his eyes out.  Somehow he knocked it off the counter, managed not to hurt himself thankfully, but scared himself pretty good.  Of course, it broke into a million shards of glass that spread out across the kitchen all the way into the hall.  That meant that I had to bend my big belly over and pick up all the pens scattered everywhere, sweep the kitchen and hallway and drag the vacuum out.  Life around here is never dull that's for sure!

On a brighter note, a friend dropped off dinner for us tonight.  What a treat!!!

2 comments:

  1. I seem to recall someone ELSE sitting on a certain sister because there "wasn't anywhere else to sit." hmm..like Mother like Daughter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured that would come out in response to this story!

      Delete