Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Baking day!


In an effort to eat "healthier" (eliminate processed foods from our diets) and hopefully experience more energy, less "I need a snack...I'm hungry Mommy"..."I was so hungry I had to swing by McDonalds on the way home from work" and hopefully have less illness this winter...I baked up a few goodies to help transition us into more whole foods.  Below is a bag of omelets for the freezer, a bag of Apple Cinnamon Muffins, bag of granola, No Bake Energy Bites (just about all gone!), plate of Protein Pancakes (with a Timmy bite mark on one) and a baggie of "Sun-dried" cherry tomatoes made in the oven.
Fruits of my labor!


In the process of cooking
I have to say the kids ate 3 pancakes each, but I didn't care for them.  They were bland, dense and thin.  The energy bites were yummy.  I liked the muffins...we'll see what Pete says about them tonight!  Pete and I both like the granola, though it's not overly sweet.  The tomatoes are going in the freezer for recipes.  The omelets are in the freezer for quick lunches for Pete.  All in all, I think I started cooking about 2:30 or 3 and finished everything including the cleanup around 5.  Not too bad considering there were a million and one interruptions!

No comments:

Post a Comment