Thursday, September 15, 2011

Delicious Smoothie Recipe

Oatmeal Smoothie from Martha Stewart

Ingredients

  • 1 cup ice
  • 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
  • 1/2 cup plain lowfat yogurt
  • 1 banana
  • 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 1 cup coconut water (or other liquid, such as juice)

Directions

  1. Place ice and raspberries in the bottom of blender, and all other ingredients on top. Whir until completely smooth. Serve.
I made a few changes to use what I had on hand.  Instead of raspberries, I used strawberries; I used vanilla yogurt rather than plain; and I used juice instead of coconut water.  Yesterday I used the honey and 1 cup of juice and it was way too sweet!  Today I eliminated the honey and used 1/2 cup of juice.  It still was too sweet.  Tomorrow I think I'll use milk or water instead of juice.  Next time I buy yogurt I'll get the plain for the smoothies.  I really like the oatmeal taste to it and I was suprised that I couldn't really taste the banana!  In one smoothie, I get dairy, fiber/whole grains, and fruit!  Sweet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment