Friday, October 28, 2011

Staying Healthy This Winter

I found a great article this morning on natural ways to boost your family's immune systems during the cold and flu seasons.  We have been doing pretty good with keeping sugar and processed foods to a minimum and substituting whole grains when we can.  I've been buying 100% whole wheat bread, crackers and pasta and substituting at least half if not the whole measure of flour in a recipe with whole wheat and trying to use honey or raw sugar instead of white sugar.  So far so good!  We've been managing to avoid the cold that is going around (knock on wood!)  After being sick almost the entire winter with colds, bronchitis, ear infections etc last year, I'll do whatever I can to keep us healthier this year!  I have no intentions of lugging all three/four kids in and out of the doctors office this year!

Here's to a healthier winter!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment